Full professor of philosophy of science (full time 0.8-1.0 fte) in the Netherlands
Tilburg University seeks to appoint a full professor of philosophy of science (full time 0.8-1.0 fte). The particular area of expertise is open. Alignment with disciplines pursued at Tilburg University and with its strategic research and impact themes is valued.
With the new appointment, the School seeks to strengthen philosophy of science in Tilburg University, the Department of Philosophy and its research center TiLPS. We look for a colleague
• -with enthusiasm for teaching, and preferably
• -with experience in teaching both philosophy majors and non-philosophy majors;
• -with a good publication record;
• -who is engaged in original research and will submit grant applications;
• -who will be a committed supervisor for Ph.D. candidates; and
• -who is willing to reach out to a wider public, beyond academic philosophy, and
• -who will take on leadership roles as needed.
The new colleague is a team player who advances philosophy of science through teaching and research in collaboration with colleagues from philosophy and other disciplines, at Tilburg University, in the Netherlands and abroad.
Depending on experience, record, and current position, the appointment may be for two years with the perspective of appointment for an indefinite period thereafter, or immediately for an indefinite period. The selected candidate will be ranked in the Dutch university employment system as full professor (“Hoogleraar 2”). The gross salary depends on qualifications and experience and ranges between € 5.334,- and € 7.766,- gross per month for a full time employment of 38 hours per week. The salary is supplemented with an annual holiday pay and an end-of-year bonus.
For more information see: http://bit.ly/2lm0Cnt