The workshop “Quantum information and foundations of quantum mechanics” will be held at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, from July 2 – 5, 2013.
Registration and abstract submission are now open!
Please visit the workshop website at: http://www.qi.ubc.ca/QMFmain.html
The purpose of our workshop is to present and discuss recent developments in the overlap area between quantum information and foundations of quantum mechanics. The workshop is centered around, but not limited to, the following topics:
• Quantum logic beyond Birkhoff and von Neumann
• Contextuality and non-locality of quantum mechanics
• Measurement-based quantum computation
• Quantum mechanics and category theory
• QM foundations and cryptography
Contributed talks and posters are invited.
Confirmed invited speakers:
• Samson Abramsky, University of Oxford, UK,
• Stephen Bartlett, Unviersity of Sydney, Australia,
• Roger Colbeck, ETH Zurich,
• Joseph Emerson, University of Waterloo, Canada,
• Chris Heunen, University of Oxford, UK,
• Pawel Horodecki, University of Gdansk, Poland,
• Terry Rudolph, Imperial College London, UK,
• Simone Severini, University College London, UK,
• Robert Spekkens, Perimeter Istitute, Waterloo, Canada,
• Mordecai Waegell, Worcester Polytechnic, USA.
This event is preceeded by the Max-Planck workshop “From Quantum Matter to Quantum Information” (June 24 – 27), organized jointly by the Quantum Materials Institute of UBC and the Max-Planck Institute for Solid State Science Stuttgart, Germany. (http://www.qi.ubc.ca/qmqi.html)
We hope to see you in Vancouver in July!
The organizing committee
Dan Browne, University College London,
Robert Raussendorf, UBC Physics and Astronomy