We are pleased to officially announce the workshop “London Foundations Connection” to be held at The Institute of Philosophy, School of Advanced Study, University of London on 20th April 2012 (directions to the institute can be found at http://lfc.mattleifer.info/directions). The meeting aims to bring together researchers on the foundations of quantum theory from across all the institutions in London to facilitate collaboration and training of early career researchers.
We would be grateful if you could circulate this announcement to people who may be interested at your London-based institution by forwarding it to the appropriate research group mailing lists and/or your colleagues, postdocs and graduate students.
Details are as follows:
There is no fee to attend this meeting, but registration is required so that we know how many people to cater for, since we will be providing lunch and refreshments during the day. To register, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and affiliation, and any special dietary requirements you may have. If you have already confirmed with the organizers that you will be attending the workshop then there is no need to email again. The registration deadline is 30th March 2012.
The morning session will consist of two tutorial lectures on topics in the foundations of quantum theory. These will be:
– Hugh Jones (Imperial College) — An Overview of PT Quantum Mechanics
– Fay Dowker (Imperial College) — The Path Integral Approach to Quantum Mechanics
There will be 4 or 5 research talks in the afternoon and we would like to solicit contributions for these. Appropriate topics include, but are not limited to:
– Interpretations of quantum theory
– Philosophical foundations of quantum theory
– Quantum measurement theory
– Alternative mathematical formalisms for quantum theory
– Generalizations of quantum theory
– Axiomatic reconstructions of quantum theory
– No go theorems (e.g. Bell’s theorem, Kochen Specker, etc.)
– Quantum foundations meets quantum information
– Quantum foundations meets quantum gravity
If you would like to give a talk then please send a title and abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2012. We would particularly like to encourage submissions from early-career researchers (students and postdocs) and we will try to ensure balance between the participating institutions.
Further details can be found on the workshop website at http://lfc.mattleifer.info
Adam Caulton (IP/LSE)
Matt Leifer (UCL)
Jonathan Barrett (Royal Holloway)
Dan Browne (UCL)
Adam [unfortunately, the message I received ends here]