This is an announcement of a small workshop we organize, the fourth in the GRAVTUM series, in Valle de Bravo, Mexico (the previous three installments were held on the island of Amorgos, Greece, in 2007, 2008, and 2009).
The main theme revolves around the interface of the quantum with the gravitational, but any worthy deviation would be welcome – the dates are November 5 to 9, 2012.
Past meetings have touched upon subjects like
* the nature of the equivalence principle in the quantum context
* the operational aspect of geometry, taking into account the quantum nature of the probes used
* the physical/operational meaning of noncommutativity in geometry
* the emergence of classical geometry from quantum characterizations of spacetime
* entanglement and causality tested in gedanken experiments
and several others – we look forward to seeing this list get longer this year.
The web page of the event is
where more details can be found. We hope you will be able to join us.
Best regards from Mexico City,